Ingredients for the Cake
13/4 cups of all purpose flour
1 1/4 cup butter
1 cup milk
It is essential for the butter, milk and eggs to be at room temperature
13/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
3 tsp baking powder
5 -6 drops of good vanilla extract
1 tsp of instant coffee powder
Ingredients for the frosting
3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup Cocoa powder
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup milk
5- 6 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tsp instant coffee powder
Directions for the cake
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at time. Add in the vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, coffee powder , cocoa powder and salt using a sieve.
- Stir in the dry ingredients into the wet, a little at a time. Don’t over mix it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread batter evenly in a greased pan, dusted with flour and bake for 45 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- In a bowl, cream melted butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in cocoa, coffee and vanilla extract. Add in milk a little at a time until you get the right consistency .
Spread immediately on cooled cake.